Gift of Life Michigan has been certified as a Great Place to Work, based on employee feedback from a survey in November.
Based on the survey, 74 percent of employees indicated Gift of Life is a great place to work, compared to a 59 percent positive response from the average company. The threshold for certification is 70 percent.
“I’m very proud of this achievement,” said Dorrie Dils, CEO of Gift of Life Michigan. “It is clear from the survey that overwhelming pride and commitment to our mission is something we all feel. We are a caring, compassionate organization with a dedicated, passionate team and it shows in the good work we do every day.”
According to the survey:
- 92 percent of responders said they feel good about the ways Gift of Life contributes to the community
- 91 percent said they felt their work has special meaning, and is not ‘just a job’
- 90 percent said when they look at what they accomplished, they feel a sense of pride
- 90 percent said they were proud to tell others they worked at Gift of Life
- 89 percent said when they joined the company, they were made to feel welcome
“As an organization, we are committed to honoring life through donation,” said Dils. “As individuals, we are committed to saving and improving lives and we are dedicated to the families we serve and to each other. We are united in our goal of helping people and that’s what makes Gift of Life Michigan such a great place to work.”