The annual Champions Gala has recognized more than 100 people and organizations supporting organ, eye and tissue donation at the highest level in Michigan since the event began in 2019.
The awards represent every aspect of the donation process from efforts to grow the Michigan Organ Donor Registry to incredible work at schools, hospitals, transplant centers and more.
Gift of Life will host its sixth Champions Gala on Thursday, April 4, 2024 in the Legacy Ballroom at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi.
Nominations in 23 categories — including Hospital of the Year, Legacy and Honoring Life Through Donation — open on Oct. 16 and close on Nov. 30.
Gift of Life’s most emotional and inspiring event will expand in 2024 with greater sponsorship and partnership opportunities and higher attendance.
Individual tickets are available for sale for the first time! (Link to purchase tickets coming soon.)
We hope you can join us.
“It is our honor to play a part in celebrating Gift of Life’s donation successes by supporting the Champions Gala. Without a doubt, it is one of our favorite events!”
John Bruens, CEO, Global Transplant Solutions
“We simply want to draw as many people as we can so they can experience it.”
Susan Rink, director of advancement, Gift of Life Michigan
Nominations within the following categories are being accepted from now through November 30, 2023.
- Taking Initiative
- Legislative Partner
- Volunteer (with Gift of Life's volunteer program)
- Educator (classroom teacher)
- Community or Workplace Partner
- Donation Storyteller
- First Responder
- Medical Examiner
- Hospital Donation Liaison
- Hospital Staff (Social Worker, Respiratory Therapist, Administrative Support, etc.)
- Hospital Executive Leader
- Transplant Center/Professional
- Funeral Home Professional
- Spiritual Care/Faith-Based Leader
- Multicultural Difference Maker
- Hospital of the Year
- Legacy Award
- Check Your Heart Champion (Gift of Life's campaign)
- Innovation Award
- Honoring Life Through Donation Award (recognizes a donor or donor's family)
Join us on Thursday, April 4, 2024!
Tickets will be available for purchase beginning December 1, 2023.