Gift of Life Michigan is a non-profit, full-service organ and tissue recovery organization for the state. Established in 1971, Gift of Life acts as an intermediary between donor hospitals and recipient transplant centers. Gift of Life employs more than 200 people and provides all services necessary for organ and tissue donation to occur.
Gift of Life Michigan’s employees are passionate about their work, because they believe in – and witness firsthand – the impact organ and tissue donation can have in saving and improving lives.
Given the gravity of the work, Gift of Life provides its employees with ample support, both in a generous benefits package and through organization-wide activities that build camaraderie and teamwork. These efforts have been recognized by Crain’s Detroit Business, which honored the organization in 2015 as a "Cool Place to Work."
- Premium health care plan
- Company-paid dental insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 403(b), the non-profit equivalent of a 401(k) savings plan.
- Gift of Life contributes a percentage of gross monthly wages into a retirement account
- 24 hours of PTO (personal time off) per month for the first three years of employment, increasing in subsequent years
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursment for job-related studies after one year of full-time employment
- Up to 16 hours of time off for community service each year
- Longevity bonus
- On-site fitness center
- Free flu shots for all employees
- Free coffee and quarterly staff lunches
- Casual office attire on Fridays
Gift of Life Michigan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a workforce where diverse ideas and viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged. We are committed to having a culture that is free of discrimination or harassment. Our employment decisions are based on individual performance, competence, skills, and business needs. Employment opportunities are given without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Note: Gift of Life Michigan will not hire anyone without an in-person interview. If you are notified that you have been hired for a position without having interviewed, it is a scam. Please contact Gift of Life at (866) 500-5801 to let us know.
For more information about working at Gift of Life Michigan, visit us on LinkedIn.