If you’re looking for a career with purpose at an organization that literally saves lives, look no further!
Gift of Life Michigan is the state’s nonprofit, federally designated organ and tissue donation program. Our diverse, collaborative team works to save and improve lives through donation every day.
Our employees work with hospitals and transplant centers across the state and nation to fulfill the wishes of donors and the hopes of people in need of these life-saving gifts. We are proud to have over 200 professionals on staff including people with expertise in medicine, science, quality, communications, IT, social services, logistics, finance, administration and more.
This work is powerful and serious, joyful and inspiring – often in the same day. At Gift of Life Michigan, we support one another and we celebrate together. Our employees are passionate because they believe in – and witness firsthand – the impact organ and tissue donation can have.
Given the gravity of what we do, Gift of Life’s employees are supported above and beyond a generous benefits package, although we have that, too. We create organization-wide activities that build camaraderie and teamwork, honoring both the people we serve and each other. We believe in caring for our employees as much as we care for our work.
Our efforts have been recognized by Crain’s Detroit Business, which has honored Gift of Life as a "Cool Place to Work ."
- Premium health care plan.
- Company-paid dental insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 403(b), the nonprofit equivalent of a 401(k) savings plan.
- Gift of Life contributes a percentage of gross monthly wages into a retirement account.
- 24 hours of PTO (personal time off ) per month for the first three years of employment, increasing in subsequent years.
- Flexible spending account with company match
- Health Savings account.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Tuition reimbursement for job-related studies after one year of full-time employment.
- Up to 16 hours of time off for community service each year.
- Longevity bonus.
- Free flu shots for all employees.
- Casual office attire on Fridays.
Gift of Life Michigan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a workforce where diverse ideas and viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged. We are committed to having a culture that is free of discrimination or harassment. Our employment decisions are based on individual performance, competence, skills and business needs. Employment opportunities are given without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
For more information about working at Gift of Life Michigan, visit us on LinkedIn.