How You Can Help
Becoming a workplace partner is a unique opportunity to educate your employees, members and customers about the importance of organ, tissue and eye donation.
Chances are good that people within your organization have already been touched by this cause, either as a transplant recipient, a member of a donor family or as someone still awaiting this gift. Your participation sends a message that you care about them and the health and wellbeing of others in your community.
Here’s the best part: This program is completely free, and you’ll have Gift of Life’s full support as you move forward. We can provide materials, presentations and content for internal and external communications.
- Share an article in your company or member newsletter announcing that you are partnering with Gift of Life Michigan to promote donation and showing how to register as a donor.
- Follow up with emails or other articles that demonstrate the great need for transplants. Gift of Life can provide sample articles and graphics.
- Share Gift of Life Michigan’s social media posts and content on your own sites.
- Invite Gift of Life to wellness events or other activities. We’re happy to do presentations, either virtually or in person.
- Set a goal or challenge to register a certain number of donors from your workplace or organization at giftoflifemichigan.org/become-donor.
- Participate as a company or team at many Gift of Life-sponsored events.
Get involved in Donate Life Month campaigns in April, such as National Donate Life Blue and Green Day.