What makes a champion?
In the organ and tissue donation realm, there are so many to choose from. At Gift of Life Michigan, we consider everyone who signs up on the Organ Donor Registry, anyone who donates or, at a time of deep personal and family tragedy, makes the decision to authorize a donation in order to spread hope and healing a champion and hero.
Yet annually, we’re tasked with recognizing the individuals and hospitals that rise above that level with an Donation Champion Award. It’s never an easy decision.
This year, our Champions Gala has changed like so many other events in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. Originally scheduled for April to kick off National Donor Awareness Month, the in-person event was first postponed and then ultimately changed into a virtual event.
We hope you’ll check back frequently on our newsroom and our social media feeds to learn more about the recipients of these awards and to help us celebrate them the way they should be celebrated.
In the meantime, we’d also like to salute the many generous organizations that helped us put this recognition event together. They are champions, too – we wouldn’t be able to do this without their support.
- Spectrum Health
- Community Tissue Services
- Henry Ford Transplant Institute
- Global Transplant Solutions
- Michigan Medicine Transplant Center
- Mutual of America Financial Group
- Boji Group
- MTF Biologics
- Austin’s Funeral Coach Services
- Blueline Consulting Group
- Dynamic Diagnostics, Inc and Inveniops
- Michigan Health & Hospital Association
- Nationwide Organ Recovery Transport Alliance
- Old National Bank
- Second Chance at Life
- Transplant Connect
- Ascension St. John Hospital
- Boost Branding
- Michigan Donor Family Council
- UHY LLP
- Kathleen Vogelsang
Thank you so much!